This is truly a journey – and I’m still enjoying it. In late November, I received a Master of Arts in Human and Organizational Systems. The Master’s degree is awarded after completing 46 credits of course-work. I’ve completed 52 credits. Amazingly, once I complete the current course that I’m taking (just have the final paper to write), I have only one more 10 credit course to take.
I’m told that you aren’t ABD (all but dissertation) until your dissertation proposal is approved. I have drafted a concept paper (actually two, but that’s another story) and will have my first dissertation committee meeting next week (OMG!). I plan to start my comprehensive exams and the lit review this month too. This is exciting . . . I’m ahead of the time-line I set for myself by six months.
I have been remiss in posting to this blog due to very busy work/school/mom/wife/volunteer schedule. It’s probably why I’m six months further than I expected. However, I will be using this blog as input to my comps. Therefore, I plan on posting on the following:
- Writing the dissertation concept paper
- Choosing a dissertation committee
- My conversations with Edgar Schein (really!)
- Research project #2 (an action research project that is progressing very slowly…)
- My dissertation topic and how I came to it (this will be a surprise…)